Saturday, September 9, 2006

Ding 60, again

My Alliance priest dinged 60 last night, in a very nice group in BRD, and got his attunement to the core done at the same time. It took me 3 months of real time, 13 days of played time, to level him up from 1 to 60, on a new server, without twinking. My Horde priest also needed 13 days played to 60, twinked, which suggests that twinking doesn't make much of a difference for a priest. Except for a good wand, the priests ability to solo isn't very much influenced by gear, not like a warrior.

Playing the priest up to 60 was fun. But I do regret two things: having chosen the same character class again, instead of trying something new. And having joined a far too leet guild, which nearly never grouped with me. I might have had more fun in a smaller, family type guild. While I just made it to 60 in 3 months, the guild made it to the middle of BWL, and a major crisis due to people burning out and losing interest. BRD yesterday was fun, because while all of the players knew how to play their class, they didn't all already know BRD, and were still really interested. I would guess that even Molten Core would be more fun with people trying it for the first time, than with a well oiled machine which does MC without even caring any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment