Wednesday, September 13, 2006

WoW Journal - 13-September-2006

What a difference a guild makes! A few days ago I was ready to abandon my Alliance priest, now I'm having fun again with him. There are 5-man groups organized in my new guild all the time, and the people play well, so no more pickup groups from hell.

Of course with the guild being small, the group composition isn't always optimal. Yesterday I went to Stratholme with a warrior, a paladin, and two hunters. Crowd control by two ice traps and four tanks. :) Needless to say the situation was a bit chaotic sometimes, but we managed well, with just one wipe on some patrol adding to a fight. Both Balnazzar and the cannonmaster downed without problems.

I changed my talent build to 20 discipline, 31 holy, so I got Lightwell but no spirit buff. I need to cast this Lightwell more often, I tend to forget about it unless I'm in a boss fight. I'm still not totally convinced that the spirit buff build isn't better, but I thought I should try. What I was using a lot in this group was Prayer of Healing. Due to the 2 pets the spell had up to 7 targets healed at the same time, and became very mana efficient. The most problems with healing I had with the large groups of undead, which the paladin all aggroed with some form on holy AoE. After doing that his health went down very fast, and I couldn't always heal him fast enough.

Loot is distributed without much fuzz, haven't seen a single loot fight yet. But the group composition wasn't optimal for making the best out of loot. I got all the cloth drops by default, nobody was using leather, and both mail and plate drops had two people each needing them. But on the positive side we are all not very well equipped, and most items that were not leather found somebody needing them. We did find a Magister's Belt nobody needed, but as it is bind on equip we just gave it to one of our guild's mages later.

So the current plan is playing my Alliance priest more often. But I still want to go raiding regularly with my Horde priest, for example tonight there is an AQ20 raid scheduled I'd like to join. Lets see how that works, I hope it doesn't go on until past midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment