Friday, September 15, 2006

Raiding Blackwing Lair

I spent last night in BWL, 4 hours, wiping 9 times. My guild mates were telling me that we were making progress, getting down to single digit numbers of eggs left by the time we wiped. But to me that seemed like the progress you make if you repeatedly run against a steel door: You might leave visible dents in the door, but the damage to your shoulder is a lot bigger than that. Frankly, I can't see the fun in that.

Now you might think my guild just isn't very good. But as we can clear Molten Core in 5 hours, Ragnaros included, I don't think we are that bad. BWL is simply too hard, or more specifically the difficulty gap between the last boss of MC and the first boss of BWL is too big. From a smooth gameplay flow point of view it would be a lot less frustrating if the first boss of the next harder dungeon wasn't harder to kill than the last boss of the previous dungeon.

What I would really like to do is forget about BWL for the moment, wait until the expansion comes out, level up to 70, and then do BWL in easy mode. Because my interest in that place is to see it up to the end. I don't really care about the loot that much, so I wouldn't mind waiting until level 70. Unfortunately letting BWL be won't be possible. The guild is short on priests, yesterday we had just 3 for BWL, and the peer pressure on me to attend BWL raids and stay on for wipe after wipe is immense. I'd currently be more interested in AQ20, but most guildies have already done ZG, AQ20, and MC to exhaustion, and are sick and tired of these places.

No comments:

Post a Comment