Thursday, September 14, 2006

WoW Journal - 14-September-2006

I haven't been to AQ20 for a while. Last time was many months ago, with my previous Horde guild, just killing the first boss and wiping on the second one. My current guild does 20-man raids during the week, when less people are online, and 40-man raids on the weekends, when there are more people. Logical, but unfortunately that ends up me rarely going to ZG and AQ20, because I just can't participate in 8 pm to past midnight raids every night and sleep during the day on my desk at work.

But yesterday I made an exception, and went to AQ20 for the first time with this Horde guild. And that was a big success, we killed all the bosses in 4 hours. Not having been there before, I managed to pick up two codices with the next ranks of Renew and Greater Heal, very useful. I know that these codices aren't strictly necessary, because in the Burning Crusade expansion you can get exactly the same spells by leveling up to 62 or 64. But the expansion won't be out for a couple of weeks yet, and at the very least I save probably about 6 gold each for learning those spells from the trainer. I also got the Antenna of Invigoration, see my other post today.

Even more importantly I got about 2,000 points of Cenarion Circle reputation for clearing out the whole of AQ20, and that in 4 hours. Soloing 2,000 points of CC reputation would have taken a *lot* longer. So much longer that I consider not even trying to solo CC faction any more, but joining more AQ20 raids instead. I just need to manage my sleep differently, maybe sleep an hour before the raid to be fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment