Tuesday, September 5, 2006

New Dell laptop battery

I received a parcel with a new Dell laptop battery yesterday, in replacement of the bad battery I had, which happened to be one of the 4 million defective batteries that Dell recalled. As the battery wasn't working any more, and buying a new one would have cost around $200, getting it replaced for free with a new one is nice.

On the negative side I learned about the recall from a comment on this blog, and by reading tech news on the internet. I never got any mail or e-mail from Dell. Now I would assume that Dell knows that I bought a laptop in the affected period, and if there database is good they should even know whether it was one of the dangerous Sony batteries. As there was a small risk of the faulty batteries exploding, I would have expected Dell to contact me about the recall. No idea what the laws about dangerous faulty product recalls are. Is it enough to just spread the word in the newspapers, or do you have to contact your customers personally?

No comments:

Post a Comment