Saturday, July 15, 2006

Installing WoW again

I'm on holiday, with my laptop. And the place where I am staying has a computer on which I want to install World of Warcraft. I had a box with original WoW CDs with me, and installed it. But then of course I still need to patch the game to 1.11.2, and I didn't want to download the patch, because the connection is slow and has a limit on volume. So I cleverly had downloaded the 450 MB patch that turns any version of WoW into 1.11 at home, and burned it onto a CD. Unfortunately something went wrong with this plan. When I start the patch, after some time he finds some file with a bad checksum and aborts. Doh!

So now I'm trying plan B: I'm copying WoW from the laptop to the computer via wireless. Which is unfortunately horribly slow, and with the installed WoW being over 6 Gigabyte, this will take a while. I hope copying all the file works. Otherwise I will have to reinstall again and do the slow patch instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment