Thursday, July 13, 2006

WoW Journal - 13-July-2006

In only played two hours of World of Warcraft yesterday, but I think I found the fastest way to level mining, going from 0 to 125 in that short play session. I abandoned skinning for being boring, and learned mining from the mining trainer in Ironforge. Then I first headed out into Dun Morogh, to mine copper. There is a lot of copper everywhere in that zone, with particular concentrations in the Frostmane Troll caves and the Gol'Bolar Quarry.

Copper mining and smelting got my skill up to 65, at which point I learned to smelt tin and bronze. I found 30 tin ore in the auction house, which I first smelted into tin bars, then made bronze bars out of it, which brought me up to about 95 in skill. Then I headed into the Wetlands, into the Thelgen Rock spider cave. In that cave there are tin veins, the occasional silver vein, must more importantly special veins of incendite ore, for a quest. Incendite has the same difficulty level as tin, and it respawns relatively fast. So by mining everything in that cave I quickly got my skill up to 125, which is the level needed to mine iron.

Of course this mining play session didn't net me any xp. But now that I have enough skill for iron, I can head over to Hillsbrad and camp the yeti cave. The yetis are green to me, thus still give easy xp, and the cave has several iron spawn points, even if the spawn rate isn't great. And once I hit level 36 or so, I can move further north into the Alterac Mountains, where ogres give good xp, and iron and mithril can be found.

I'm not sure whether jewelcrafting will use the same type of gems that are found sometimes when mining. So for the moment I'm hoarding all the gems I find. But I'm selling the metal bars, which provides me with a nice income.

No comments:

Post a Comment