Saturday, July 1, 2006

Priest respec

My level 60 priest used to be specced 15 discipline and 36 holy. But after playing him in raids and groups for a while I noticed that the top end holy talents are actually not that good. The lightwell I can only use every 10 minutes, and I have no control over who gets healed with it. Often it is somebody who didn't listen when I explained what a lightwell is, and who is just clicking on it with full health to see what happens. The spirit of redemption wasn't as useful as I thought, when I die I lose my target, and by the time I'm transformed into the angel and have reacquired my target, I already lost a part of the 10 seconds in which I can heal for free. So usually I only get 1 greater heal fired off, and not three as I had thought initially. And in a group situation, when I'm dead its often a wipe anyway, the spirit of redemption very rarely saves the situation.

So I decided on a new template: I'm putting 21 points in discipline, which allows me to get the spirit buff. That leaves 30 points in holy, which is enough for all the essential talents there, but leaves out lightwell and spirit of redemption.

Interestingly I found that if you have the spirit buff talent, you get the group spirit buff from your trainer. For the stamina buff and the shadow resistance buff I had to buy a book to get the group version.

No comments:

Post a Comment