Monday, June 20, 2011

Active Age of Conan account frozen

I just received a curious e-mail from Funcom, telling me that my "active Age of Conan account was frozen". They suggested this might have happened because I failed to pay. This is strange, because I most definitively cancelled my AoC account already back in 2008, after finding out that Funcom had conned me with the old bait & switch trick: The post level 20 game of AoC was completely different from the game up to level 20 which was available in the beta.

Now apparently Funcom tried to charge my credit card again. I must consider myself fortunate that the credit card I gave them in 2008 has expired by now. I rather have a strange "Active Age of Conan account frozen" mail than having to try to recover a charge on my credit card I never agreed to. I can only assume their accounting mess is related to their switch to Free2Play.

Anybody else here received a similar mail?

[UPDATE: I verified on the Funcom account page, and they really tried to charge me $14.99 for a 1-month recurring subscription I never signed up for. I find that inacceptable. If you played Age of Conan in the past and have since cancelled, you might want to check the payment history page on the Funcom account website.]

[UPDATE 2: Funcom support e-mail reply: Sorry for the delay, we have deactivated your account, and removed the failed payment. Thank you for the email, and we hope you are able to enjoy your day despite the circumstances.]

No comments:

Post a Comment